A progressive Nebraska cooperative has an opening for an Agronomist to provide knowledge, education and leadership to growers in their assigned area while performing job duties such as field scouting, soil management and market analysis. This Coop has a long history of serving area agricultural producers, providing crop and livestock inputs and services, grain marketing and storage, finance services, energy and transportation.
- Ensure accurate knowledge or reliable referrals to make recommendations to growers to achieve efficient crop production
- Soil sample fields and prepare progress reports
- Manage field trials and irrigation practices
- Scout customer fields for weed, insects, disease and nutrition issues
- Serve farmers & producers in a manner that will improve their economic well being and increase their confidence of the cooperative.
- Ensure that application of seeding, fertility and pesticide occurs when weather conditions are optimal
- Establish test plot for corn, wheat and other crops as deemed necessary by supervisor
- Analyze crop claim issues as necessary
- Assist with budgeting and cost monitoring
- Interact with suppliers, applicators and agronomy laboratories
- Remain up to date on crop nutrition, protection and technology used by the coop and producers
- Attend meeting and training sessions as directed by supervisor
- Gives prompt courteous service to all customers and resolve customer complaints as needed
- Complies with all applicable OSHA, EPA and FDA rules and regulations
- Takes an active role in promoting growth, progress and profitability of the cooperative.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in agronomy or a related field is preferred along with two years’ experience in a related field.
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak seasons
For more details on this position, please contact Brad – email@example.com.