This thriving agribusiness company in north central Illinois is currently seeking an Agronomy Manager – someone to manage the agronomy operations of multiple locations. This self-motivated individual will be responsible for providing producers with exceptional customer service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum profit margin.
Position duties and responsibilities:
- Provide clear leadership by establishing clear requirements, expectations, goals and leading by example
- Select new hires, terminate when the situation requires it, review, reward and identify employee improvement needs.
- Organization of employee training and development in an effort of continuous improvement
- Oversee the financial business of the agronomy department, including budgeting
- Accountable for timely and accurate inventory
- Responsible for product selection, procurement, pricing, and setting profitable margins and making agronomic recommendations
- Be a problem solver – resolve all issues fairly with vendors and customers
- Create and execute a fair incentives program to appropriately award your team for performance.
- Direct day-to-day operations of the division clearly and through your appropriate staff.
- Make sure that all operations processes that require specific documentation are completed and followed by all
- Monitor critical customer service processes such as custom app, precision ag, technical, product and rate write-ups, and the overall compliance of your division
- Accountable for the care, maintenance, repair, and appearance of all facilities, equipment, and vehicles
- Responsible for divisional cash management, inventory, fixed assets, and human resources needs to achieve the divisions annual business projections
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the cooperative and a favorable image of the cooperative
- Strong communication skills to lead the division as well as stay in connection with the leadership team of the company
- Strong agronomic background – cooperative experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or a two-year degree with a minimum of one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent experience.
For more information on this position, please contact Bryan –firstname.lastname@example.org.