We have an exciting opportunity as an Agronomy Operations Manager at one of the largest multi location cooperatives in North-Central South Dakota. This persion will manage full time, part time, and seasonal employees of the location as well as carry out supervisory functions in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview, hire, and train employees; planning, assigning, and mentoring; performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees
- Communicates and promotes agronomic products, services, and programs to meet customer’s needs
- Coordinates production, distribution, warehousing, and sales in accordance with the company policies, principles, and procedures on fertilizer, seed, and crop protection products
- Directs employees in all aspects of operations including unloading, loading, application, walk-in sales, and product deliveries
- Works in conjunction with sales manager to plan and direct sales programs that fall within the company policies and mission statement
- Creates an annual business plan & budget, including expense management, revenue maximization, and risk management
- Follows all safety laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Makes on-farm calls and deliveries to solidify customer relationships
- 2+ years of management experience in agronomy operations
- AA Degree is preferred in an agriculture related field
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a Class B CDL with HazMat and tanker endorsements
This position offers a competitive salary based on experience, knowledge and skills as well as a great benefits package.
For more details on this position, please contact Brad – firstname.lastname@example.org.