We are teaming up with a small, NW Iowa agronomic research company in search of a highly motivated individual to fill an Agronomy Research Associate role. This person will be responsible for supporting and exploring the science involved to ensure success in various corn and soybean field trials at sites in northern Iowa and northeast Nebraska. This is an excellent opportunity to work with leading edge agricultural innovators and a team of progressively focused farmers and field managers across the Midwest to independently test the very best seed technologies, seed treatments and other modern crop related technologies.
- Field testing of corn and soybean genetics
- Planting, field plot maintenance, data collection and harvesting of test plots
- Interact with farm managers and farmers for project related needs
- Ensure processes of planting and harvest are done in a timely manner to provide quality data collection for project reports and stats analysis.
- Ensure company property is well cared for and properly maintained.
- Basic knowledge of crop production, farming practices – including equipment operation and repair
- Leadership skills – ability to multi task, well organized and excellent record keeping skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Ability to work as part of a team
- BS in Agronomy related area of study OR 3 years of applicable work experience in agricultural research operation
For more information on this position, please contact Brad – firstname.lastname@example.org.