We are currently seeking a passionate and highly motivated Agronomy Researcher/Crop Scientist to evaluate crop inputs, develop new product offerings in fertilizers and research crop management practices in field trials through their territory. Working closely with senior leaders within the company, this person will develop the research questions, execute protocols, summarize the findings and make recommendations for future direction. Along with the research, we expect this person to work alongside the sales professionals and growers at local field days, customer meetings and at agronomy training sessions. Developing marketing materials that summarize their research and being the resource for the sales force and customers will be expected as well.
- Must have a PhD or MS degree in agronomy, crop sciences, soil fertility or similarly related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of ag related experience. Candidates with a Bachelors Degree in an agricultural related field with 15+ years of experience in field research may be considered.
- Experience in operating field research equipment or have the ability to earn quickly
- Experience with statistical analysis software, developing designs used in field research and analyzing results
- Previous experience in soil fertility and bio-fertilizer is highly preferred
- Must be a detail oriented and critical thinker with a deep knowledge of crop physiology, nutrient cycling in soil and a thorough understanding of modern crop management practices.
- Compensation dependent on the candidate’s experience and education
- Company vehicle, computer & cell phone
- Dental/Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- 401K Profit Sharing, Life Insurance & Disability plans available after meeting eligibility requirements
For more information on this position, please contact Brad – email@example.com.