We are currently searching for an experienced Agronomy Sales Person to fill a territory in Southwest Michigan. This is an existing territory but the primary role is to generate new business throughout the area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gain in depth knowledge and insight of assigned customers’ needs and goals through regular interaction with all levels within the customer’s operation.
- Utilize maps, technology and other tools to assist customers in interpreting information and making recommendations
- Work closely with producers to develop field or farm plans
- Develop work orders for products sold to the accounts
- Set and achieve sales, margin and other goals for each assigned accounts
- Maintain account and sales call records
- Communicate with Location Manager and Operations daily on account progress, account service and potential issues or opportunities with assigned accounts.
- Provide customer service and act as one of the primary points of contact for customers including resolving customer issues and complaints.
- Develop work habits that create, build and support the go to market strategy within the organization.
- Understand and support marketing strategy and the company goals plus changes in these strategies and goals over time.
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural related field preferred: or a combination of education and/or experience
- At least 2 years of agricultural selling experience
- Understanding of crop production business including basic agronomics
- CCA certification desired
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships
- Proficient with MS Office suite and company specific software. Ability to understand and utilize additional technological tools and resources
- Recognition of sales growth opportunities and pursuing them
- Knowledge of product margins and ability to maximize profitability for cooperative and producers
- Ability to maintain current business and develop new business
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well within strict time frames, despite numerous interruptions
- Strong analysis skills and ability to accurately calculate information
- Ability to work without supervision and make appropriate decisions
- Work hours necessary to be successful and travel as needed
For more information on this position, please contact Bryan – email@example.com.