We are looking for someone with a passion for the farming industry to fill an Agronomy Sales role for an agronomy retailer in southwest Minnesota. This position will help to develop agronomy services including soil sampling, variable rate application and other services that increase value and profitability for the customer as well as to help customers manage their agronomy needs.
Job objectives include:
- Fertilizer, Chemical and Seed Sales
- Communicate with customers concerning their agronomic needs, field requirements and calculating the needs for new or additional products or services.
- Develop agronomy services offered by the company including soil sampling, variable rate application, sales of corn and soybean seed, crop protection products and liquid fertilizer
- Operate equipment as needed to ensure timely delivery and spreading of manure – including loaders, trucks, spreaders and other agronomy equipment.
- Agronomy degree or 2 years’ experience in agronomy focusing on: crop and soil type, grid sampling, manure or other organic fertilizer
- 3 years’ experience in agriculture sales
- Ability to collect, analyze, compile, interpret and distribute various reports
- Excellent public relation skills and phone etiquette
- Leadership Skills
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Independent Self-Starter/Team Player
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet