We are currently searching for and Agronomy Sales Manager to be responsible for driving sales of agronomy products and services. Products include poultry litter, crop protection chemistry, UAN, seed, and as well as other agronomic products and services. Services include chemical application, Nitrogen modeling, soil sampling, and litter application. This position will work to provide best pricing from vendors and build sales programs for sales staff. Sales Manager will work with the Management Team and all sales staff to create and fulfill sales goals. This position will also be responsible for Non-Ag Center Key Accounts sales and customer service. This position requires expertise in agronomy, sales training, and development of sales staff. This person will lead a group of Agronomy sales people and will coordinate closely with Operations to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a staff of approximately 15 sales team members
- Establishes and monitors sales staff performance and development, assigns objectives, establishes priorities, conducts annual performance appraisals, and administers salary adjustments as required
- Provides daily direction, feedback and follow-up with thorough regular interactions and meetings with the sales staff.
- Ensure sales staff have access to the equipment and information necessary to effectively and efficiently accomplish tasks assigned.
- Product Development and Sales (Products)
- Maintain a complete and up to date listing of all company products and service offerings
- Sales – Operations – Finance
- Coordinates with Operations to effectively meet the needs of customers
- 3-5 years of management experience
- 5-8 years’ experience in agronomy focusing on sales and management of agronomy products and services.
- Knowledge of the market value differences between organic and commercial fertilizers.
- Ability to collect, analyze, compile, interpret and distribute various reports
- Ability to determine and define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid and logical conclusions
- Excellent public relation skills and phone etiquette
- Leadership Skills
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Independent Self-Starter/Team Player
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet
- Overnight travel required. Up to 65% pending geography
For more information on this position – please contact Brad – firstname.lastname@example.org.