We are searching for a sales-minded CFO to work closely with the entire organization to ensure that the plans and goals meet and exceed company objectives.
Diamond Vogel is a family owned company, deeply committed to their customers and employees, whose mission is to deliver quality coating solutions to a broad array of customers and industries. This diversity has driven this company to become experts in a variety of coating technologies, including liquid, powder, solvent, water, epoxy, urethane, clear, and opaque.
Paint has rapidly evolved into a diverse mix of coating technologies. They continually invest in innovation to provide their customers the best solutions in powder coating, heavy-duty protective coatings, traffic marking coatings, and architectural coatings.
The position will have direct responsibility of the accounting, finance, and IT operations. This position will work with the entire organization to drive operational efficiencies. The position will also have oversight of the corporate budget and will have responsibility to produce the company’s monthly and annual financials. They certainly need a strong CFO (CPA preferred) but the unique part of this job is that the person will also oversee the I.T. Department. The company is going to look into a new ERP system and they want someone who has previously helped implement a new ERP system.
- Direct responsibility for Finance, Accounting, and IT Departments
- Develop and manage annual Corporate Budget and Capital Expenditures
- Determining and driving opportunities to improve operational efficiencies within the company that will positively impact the bottom-line, working capital, and cash flow including responsibility for accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Directly work with the executive team on the strategic short and long-term vision
- Review current IT systems and recommend changes, as needed
- Hiring, training, and disciplining of finance, accounting, and IT personnel
- Assisting in community relations
- Direct involvement in any acquisition opportunities
- Ability to travel as needed. Routine travel will be less than 20%
Education and experience:
- BA or BS Degree required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Preferably, five plus years as CFO, Finance Controller, or Accounting Controller.
- 15+ years’ experience in Accounting and Finance areas
- Five plus years auditing experience and working with audited financial statements
- Experience developing costing models for product pricing with experience in activity-based costing
- Five to seven years of management experience with the day-to-day operations managing a staff of at least 10 persons
- Experience working with and implementing ERP solutions to manage corporate data and reporting
Key Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate an ability to learn and model the Vogel organization and culture
- Demonstrates servant leadership in teams working across different functional groups to accomplish team and corporate goals
- Possesses the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Demonstrates a strong ethical framework which enables sound decision-making skills based on personal experience and knowledge, available data, and input from others as appropriate
- Demonstrates ability to effectively influence at all organizational levels through clear, concise, and impactful verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to be a “change agent” when needed. Possesses the ability to overcome resistance to organizational change, influence all employees to embrace it, and lead the change initiative
- Demonstrates the ability to champion and lead any Accounting / IT Systems change