We are currently seeking someone to fill the position of Feed Accountant at one of the most progressive cooperatives in NW Iowa. This person will ensure the timeliness and accuracy of financial information on a daily, monthly and fiscal year basis. They will compile, analyze and report financial information to management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assign responsibilities for daily, weekly and monthly procedures.
- Schedule Month End cutoff and verify accurate and timely processing of month end statements, reconciliation’s and financial information.
- Review Inventory Valuation and adjustments with mill manager and operations managers. Maintain reporting for monthly financial statements.
- Monitor payment of invoices for accuracy and timeliness, applicable discounts, reconciliation of outstanding purchase orders and supplier invoices to monthly statements.
- Monitor Ageing of Feed Accounts Receivable.
- Follow up on outstanding invoices, review accounts for returns, credits, payments and apply to appropriate invoices.
- Review and forward detail to customers as requested.
- Maintain documents, implement and review operating and financial procedures and controls for additional feed mill locations.
- Implement internal control and reporting procedures and verify these are being followed: Daily feed billing, back-up Order Writers, inventory valuation is reasonable on a FIFO Basis, investigate inventory quantity long/short
- Develop format and reporting for financial analysis as requested by management. This may include: Operations by feedmill location, Production tons/Hour worked; Monthly production tons/feedmill, analysis of Customer Volume and Margin Structure, service revenue allocation
- High level of customer service focus.
- Supports a consistent professional image of the company.
- Observes safety policy and procedure as an absolute.
- Attitude of positivity and reacts calmly under pressure.
- Work ethic of the highest integrity.
- Commitment to dependability and willingness to work to meet goals and deadlines.
- Effectively solve problems of feed department.
- Prefer a background in accounting/administration
For more details on this position, please contact Brad – email@example.com.