This client is searching for a Fertilizer Plant Manager to oversee the daily operations of a fertilizer terminal around Sioux Falls, SD.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Managing all truck and rail inbound fertilizer as well as the logistics of outbound retail and wholesale fertilizer
- Maintain and coordinate maintenance programs
- Ensure outbound retail/wholesale fertilizer shipments meet all required specifications
- Ensure no blending of fertilizer or bulk chemical in fertilizer terminal
- Supervise production staff ensuring their assignments are completed in a safe and timely manner;
- Adhere to preventative maintenance program
- Manage train unloading operations (unload, open/close lids, locomotive operation)
- High school diploma or comparable GED preferred
- Ability to work at elevated levels, in dusty and sometimes loud environments
- Ability to think quickly and follow directions
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Read/write Engish and able to legally work in the US.
- Fertilizer terminal operations experience preferred.