We are looking to fill a Field Agronomist position with a multi-state agricultural business. This Agronomist role, located in Dalhart, TX consists of managing full farm agronomy and production of approximately 5000 acres of potatoes and other crops.
- Agronomic growing decisions for a full farm of potatoes and cover crops.
- Scouting and hands-on field work, such as soil and plant tissue sampling and irrigation scheduling.
- Develop and follow-through pest management strategies.
- Oversee the seed handling, planter spacing, monitor soil moisture and schedule irrigation, and irrigation system.
- Assist in supervision of product quality assurance, including in-house laboratory
- Manage and oversee the chemical planning, application & inventory.
- Supervise storage management and bruise-free handling during harvest.
- Other tasks and responsibilities, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or closely related field.
- A private applicators license or the ability to get one.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to pass vehicle insurance verification.
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar agricultural role is preferred.
- The ability to lead and manage people.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with GPS guidance, GIS software, and variable rate applications is preferred.
Contact Brad – email@example.com for more information.