We are currently seeking out a confident agronomist with a strong farming background to fill a Field Research Technician position in the far eastern side of Iowa.
- Field plot research, planting, spraying and harvesting yield trials.
- Supervise, instruct, train, motivate and delegate responsibilities to seasonal employees.
- Organize and supervise prep of research materials and activities in the lab – including seed prep, inventory, packaging, field layout and all materials associated for the yield trials.
- Maintain equipment – lab & field equipment – schedule outside work and service as needed.
- Perform additional projects as assigned by the research team throughout the year.
- BS in Agronomy OR High School Diploma + 5 years+ of experience in research, testing, etc.
- Farm background is preferred – with knowledge of field crop productions and research equipment
- Strong organization and management skills
- General computer skills and knowledge of Windows programs
- Self Motivator and Team Player
- Ability to operate commercial vehicles and various types of heavy field equipment safely – loading and transporting heavy equipment is necessary during certain times of the year.
For more details on this fantastic opportunity, contact Brad – firstname.lastname@example.org.