This NW Iowa Cooperative is searching for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Fleet Manager to provide leadership to their transportation department for the company. This position will work very closely with drivers, vendors and contractors as well as analyze available data to develop policies and procedures aimed at continuous improvement of customer satisfaction, cost savings, and efficiencies in logistics and transportation services for the cooperative.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate leadership and expertise in logistics, transportation, and maintenance
• Current knowledge of DOT regulations and stay up-to-date on any changes or updates
• Ensure all shipments comply with interstate traffic laws and regulations manage contract hauler agreements
• Review and analyze budgets, expenditures, and operations
• Negotiates contracts and rates when selecting carriers and contract haulers
• Coordinate return loads (back loads) and redirecting resources to achieve maximum efficiency
• Uses automated systems monitor available data (e.g. GPS) to continuously improve customer satisfaction, cost savings, and efficiencies
• Work closely with drivers, contractors, operations, and management regarding asset purchases and sales, implementing new policies and procedures, mentoring and improving safety, and increasing the level of professionalism of logistics and transportation services
• Experience working in logistics, supply chain management, or transportation operations
• Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for drivers/transportation team
• Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written communications, internally and externally, to all levels of management
• Self-motivated and self-managed, with excellent prioritization and organizational skills
For more details on this opportunity, please contact Brad – firstname.lastname@example.org.