Do you have an accounting background and a strong passion for the Agriculture Industry? This is an opportunity for YOU! We are currently seeking a Grain Controller for a strong agronomy retailer in NW Iowa. This individual will be responsible for keeping grain records and ensure that the grain accounting is done in an accurate manner for all of the companies locations.
- Preparing accurate and timely producer grain settlements for the company as well as warehouse receipts as needed.
- Act as a resource for the grain staff and bookkeepers by maintaining knowledge of the grain scale, scale tickets, posting grain transfer, and all grain contracts offered by the company.
- Oversees the recording of rail/truck shipments of grain and reconciles accordingly.
- Accurately valuing our grain position during the month-end and year-end close process.
- Coordinating month-end and year-end accounting functions with the controller including inventory measurements, etc.
- Creating and maintain grain processes across the entire company and updating and maintaining commodity discount tables as necessary.
- Ensuring that the system’s storage rate codes are set up and functioning properly.
- Ensuring compliance with State Auditor requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA strongly desired, but not required.
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Great computer skills
- Strong leadership mentality
For more details on this position, please contact Brad – email@example.com.