Currently we are seeking a Grain Department Manager to oversee the grain division for a cooperative in NE Nebraska. The grain department manager is responsible for the overall success, growth, and profitability of the grain department. This person will also be responsible for the development and execution of all grain sales and origination at all of the company’s locations.
- Oversee the risk management of the Grain Department in accordance with company policy
- Ensure the grain department is complying and promoting company safety policies
- Overall responsibility of the Profit and Loss of the Grain Department
- Oversee budget, forecasting, auditing, and reporting for the Grain Department
- Oversee all grain marketing programs with customers
- Communicate with operations to facilitate the orderly movement of grains at all locations
- Ensure a quality product by managing and monitoring inventory condition
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Expand customer base
- Originate grain through direct producer contact
- Buys and sells the company’s grain
- Performs supervisory responsibilities
- Interviews, hires and trains grain employees as well as completes performance reviews on a regular basis
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate in a professional manner with customers and other employees
- Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to read and interpret required documents
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Valid driver’s license
- Series 30 or be able to obtain one
- Series 3 or be able to obtain one
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Agriculture, Agribusiness or related field required.
- Five or more years of experience in leading a grain team.
- Clear understanding of grain marketing, hedging, basis and flat price grain trading.
- Solid understanding of grain accounting and contract record keeping.
- Leadership skills and business profit management
For more details, please contact Brad – firstname.lastname@example.org.