We are searching for a Grain Merchandiser responsible for procuring and selling grain for this SW Minnesota Cooperative. This person is also responsible for supporting grain operations by arranging and paying for shipment logistics including truck and rail transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times.
- Provides outstanding and courteous customer service.
- Arrange transportation to accommodate grain trading volume.
- Participate in federal elevator examinations as needed.
- Coordinate grain transfers with the company truck dispatcher.
- Hedge grain purchases and market grain.
- Expand current grain origination effort to insure consistent coverage and message.
- Assist in directing grain marketing and specialty crop programs to maximize customer and company benefit.
- Assist in organizing customer grain marketing meetings.
- Assist in developing department and harvest policies with the Grain Department Manager.
- Follow position limit rules and exception requirements.
- Audit grain settlements to insure accurate payment.
- Accept additional responsibilities and duties as directed by the Grain Department Manager.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Ag Business or other related field and 2 years of related experience; or 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Brad – firstname.lastname@example.org.