We are working with a member-owned, full service cooperative in SW Minnesota that is currently looking to fill a position of Grain Originator. The Grain Originator works to originate grain and proactively develops and maintains customer relationships. They will oversee grain contract execution, work with producers on marketing plans and monitor grain margin and volume to meet & exceed targets.
• Understands and maintains a working knowledge of grain contracts offered to producers
• Originates grain from the area in which the organization operates
• Knowledgeable on market basis and other grain market fundamentals
• Effectively communicates and works closely with producers to inform them of market movement, trends & pertinent information
• Develops and fills standing grain orders for customers as the market hits them
• Effective understanding of the local processors grain markets and monitors competiveness
• Oversees logistical issues and contract executions for all assigned customers
• Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the ag industry and experience in origination is preferred
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
For more information on this position, please contact Bryan – email@example.com.