We are currently seeking a Grain Originator in North Central Illinois, to be responsible for developing and maintaining grain origination relationships with producer and commercial accounts. This person will assist with grain accounting and organizing producer meetings.
Top Qualities Needed:
- Aggressive, achievement oriented, and self-motivated
- Persistent with a passion for grain origination
- Desire to continue learning
- People person with strong communication skills who excels at cold calling
- Understands and implements origination strategies
- Strong work ethic
- Superior attention to detail
- Purchase grain within and outside of normal draw areas by direct contact with producers via telephone, in person, and on-farm contact.
- Maintain a clear customer account list and defined prospect list including an action plan for each.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with producer base.
- Understand the producer’s marketing needs and objectives.
- Assist with grain accounting, writing contracts, delivery sheets, and settlements
- Assist with on farm pick up and outbound commodity logistics as necessary.
- Communicate with management about customer concerns and opportunities.
- Timely follow up with all customer issues to ensure excellent customer service.
- Complete required training and attend additional industry related education/training/conferences as recommended by management
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent; BA or BS or equivalent experience preferred
- Grain origination experience preferred
- Current Crop Insurance License or the ability to obtain shortly after hire
- Current Series 3 Securities License or the ability to obtain shortly after hire