We are working with a strong ag-focused cooperative in Southern MN in looking for a Grain Originator to fill a vacancy due to retirement. This person will advise and assist producers with grain marketing strategies to produce increased profits for both the farmer and the cooperative. We are looking for someone that will increase grain origination from new and existing customers.
- Originate grain from existing producers and prospects
- Enroll, educate and assist producers, utilizing software to track and reconcile customer and company accounts.
- Position and sell grain marketing alternatives including exchange traded futures and options as well as other fee generating alternatives
- Conduct farm calls, producer meetings and customer contacts by phone.
- Collaborate closely with merchandising, operations, accounting, transportation, other job functions and divisions to ensure company resources and profitability are maximized.
- Hold yourself accountable to expected levels of customer service, ensure customer issues and complaints are promptly addressed and elevated to management if not solved locally.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and company leadership including assisting in grain elevator operations and administrative activities as needed.
- Associate or Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years of grain marketing or other ag related experience (preferred)
- Previous sales experience (preferred)
- Strong communication, analytical and organization skills
- Demonstrated self-starter with high level of personal accountability.
- Ability to work with computers, computer software and grain accounting systems
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
For more details on this position, please contact Brad – email@example.com.