We are working with a strong agronomy retailer in NW Iowa in search of a Grain Originator. The Grain Originator works to originate grain and develop and maintain customer relationships – current customers as well as reaching out to new business.
• Understands and maintains a working knowledge of the variety of grain contracts offered to producers
• Originates grain for the producers within the assigned territory
• Knowledgeable on market basis and other grain market fundamentals
• Effectively communicates and works closely with producers to inform them of market trends & important information
• Develops and fills standing grain orders for customers
• Effective understanding of the local processors grain markets and monitors competitiveness
• Demonstrates initiative in recruitment of new customers within the territory
• Understands and maintains a working knowledge of grain hedging and applicable risk management processes
• Oversees logistical issues and contract executions for all assigned customers
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree in ag related field
• 5-10 years experience or equivalent combination of education & experience
• High level of customer service skills
• Maintains a positive attitude and is committed to meet company goals and deadlines.
For more information on this position, please contact Brad – email@example.com.