We are working with a large profitable multi-location coop in IA that has an exciting opportunity open for a Grain Team Leader due to an upcoming retirement. This coop has an amazing culture! Some coops say that their people are their #1 asset, but this company lives it! People development is a huge priority to this coop. They have 1 of the top GM’s in the business. If you want to work for a company focused on providing solutions to the farm gate, then this is the opportunity for you. The current Grain Team Leader has been with the coop over 20 years and has built an amazing foundation for the next person.
Recognized as a leader in the Grain Industry, this NW Iowa Cooperative is seeking the right candidate to manage all aspects of their Grain Division – directing, promoting and coordinating the division so as to achieve the company mission, vision and goals – resulting in outstanding service and results for the producers.
- Hire, train and coach employees to build a strong team throughout the company’s Grain Division.
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members
- Set up educational and staff development training to meet the needs of all team members
- Work alongside the team to develop strong origination programs, goals and strategies.
- Budgeting, planning and goal setting and meet these budgets and goals
- Manage all aspects of the process – purchasing, risk management and grain sales
- Provide a safe work environment, working alongside the company Safety Coordinator
- Oversee the Grain Operations Team – facility & equipment maintenance, repairs needed and other needs as they arise.
- Supervise the Transportation/Logistics Team
- Work alongside the Cooperative Management Team to promote and support the company
- Experience in Management – able to coach and lead team members to be the best they can be.
- Knowledge of the Grain Industry; including contacts to build and grow the business as well as basic elevator operations
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience.
We are looking for someone with integrity, creativity, a desire to always continue learning, pride in a job well done and can motivate others to strive to be the best they can be. Contact Brad – firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking to advance your career in the Grain Industry!