As a Precision Ag Specialist you will be responsible for helping growers solve Agronomic Problems using Technology. This opportunity is available in Central Iowa.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identifying new/prospective customers – sign them up for the program – maintain/service these acres so the farmers will continually find value in the program.
- Collect, process and interpret data
- Work directly with customers to promote and service the precision ag and agronomy research programs
- Work with customers to demonstrate site-specific techniques that will increase crop production, business management and environmental stewardship
- Utilize specific and related software to complete these requirements
- Knowledge of GIS programs for data processing and equipment diagnostics.
- Ability to effectively manage data in a timely manner.
- Mechanical ability will be necessary for GPS equipment installation and support.
- Training will be provided.
- Excellent computer skills and must be experienced MS Office Products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in basic agronomy principles and practices required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Agronomy, Agribusiness or Agriculture
- Technologies or equivalent combination of education and experienced required.
- Experience in the field of Precision Agriculture or equivalent combination of education and experience required.