This agronomic tech company is rapidly expanding throughou the heart of the Midwest.
A Precision Agronomist focuses on sales, building strong relationships with customers and providing leading-edge agronomic advising services in both traditional agronomic principles with a strong sub-field environmental focus and digital products. We are seeking a candidate with a passion for serving the farmer. Qualified candidates must have a focus on company growth and dedication to the process from soil fertility, crop care (herbicide, fungicide, others), plant growth and development as well as current production practices to data management and analytics.
Sales & Market Share Growth
- Prospecting via existing relationships and cold calling to generate and uncover opportunities for building the customer base.
- Provide advice to farmers/producers and help them make better business decisions using our proprietary solutions
- Achieve sales, revenue and market share targets within the defined market/territory
- Plans and carries out test plots at farms to demonstrate improved varieties of field crops such as corn and soybeans to use as a sales tool
- Promote products and knowledge as learned from fellow team members to growers on a weekly basis
- Crop scouting with growers
- Grower crop plans, rotations, product positioning
- Grower year end data reviews
- Manage and aid in training summer Interns
- Assist in planning and protocol development for projects that influence grower knowledge of products or concepts
- Work with the research team leads on finding identifying growers and fields for projects in your area
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Business or related field with 2 or more years of experience or Associates degree with 5 or more years of related experience
- Must be willing maintain or obtain a Certified Crop Advisor certification within 1 year of employment
- Demonstrates passion for agriculture and providing exceptional customer service, leading to optimal sales and customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of Precision Agriculture preferred
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Brad – email@example.com.