We are working with a family owned seed company to fill a Regional Agronomist role in eastern Iowa. This person will work within a defined territory – providing education and training for the DSM’s, Seed Reps and growers – monitor and and maintain a high level knowledge of current agronomic conditions and trends – directing the sales activities within the territory.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable on the companies full product line-up.
- Recruit, train and manage new seed reps.
- Work alongside the VP of Sales to educate, train and guide DSM’s, dealers and customers on the various offerings of the company.
- Increase sales and establish new direct customer sales.
- Stay current on the agronomic industry trends.
- Manage field service calls and with with VP of Sales to resolve issues as needed.
- Facilitate meetings and company sponsored events throughout the growing season.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the seed industry and agronomics.
- Self-motivated and success driven with strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master of Science or Business, preferably in an agriculture related field.
- CCA required
- 5 years of seed and/or agronomy sales experience.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Clean driving history for last 3 years.
Contact Brad – firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete job description and more information.