We are looking for a Regional Sales Agronomist to promote the proper use of crop protection products, plant nutrition, precision agriculture, seed, and other services offered at this cooperative in south/central Nebraska. The right candidate will create a demand for the agronomic products sold and build the business with exceptional customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times.
- Provides outstanding and courteous customer service, building long lasting relationships with the customers.
- Strong agronomy knowledge to lend technical support to less experienced sales staff when needed
- Develops annual farmer/customer programs that include soil testing, field mapping, product recommendations, timely and accurate application, field monitoring as needed, record keeping, and follow-up calls.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, and executes individual customer sales strategies.
- Services customer’s agronomic needs.
- Prepares reports as requested by the Sales manager or V.P of Agronomy.
- Must be able to identify weed species, plant health issues, and display a proficient use of the company’s agronomy resources.
- Build a solid knowledge foundation on seed, chemicals, fertilizer and Precision Ag.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred
- 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For more information, please contact Bryan – firstname.lastname@example.org.