This aggressive, productive and successful independently owned seed company is in search of a Regional Sales Manager for NE Iowa. The Regional Manager is responsible for the success of the sales team, working to achieve the sales objectives within the assigned region. This position requires an individual to develop, monitor, and control the sales process, analyze the capabilities of the sales team, promote high performance, ensure effectiveness, and implement marketing strategies to meet customer’s needs.
- Provides leadership to sales team in the areas of customer growth and management, sales of current and new products, competitive strategies, identifying marketplace trends, determining process improvements, implementing change, proper use and level of sales support, and management of expenses.
- Regularly communicates with DSMs, coaching and training to build & improve their skills and motivation.
- Communicate with company leadership team regarding sales team performance.
- Sets an example for DSMs in areas of personal character, organizational and selling skills, work habits, and community involvement.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Participates in the recruitment of sales team by sourcing, interviewing, and selecting candidates.
- Work one on one in the field, 3-4 days per week with DSMs.
- Proactively develops and maintains relationships with key customers and seed Representatives while providing a management-level point of contact.
- Addresses customer complaint issues in conjunction with the DSM.
- Oversees region’s work safety and safe driving standards.
- Contributes to the development of training programs for DSMs, Seed Representatives and customers.
- Coordinates and participates in sales meetings, employee training, and customer events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in sales and management
- Strong customer service skills
- Motivational, encouraging and a team leader
- Strong communication skills
- Result driven winning attitude
For more details on this position, please contact Brad – firstname.lastname@example.org.