We have a privately owned Ag-Research company that is seeking a highly motivated individual to work as a member of a small agronomic research team headquartered in Northwest IA. The Research Agronomist will be responsible for supporting project quality of all contract research services offered by the company.
- Administer field trials of corn and soybean trials following established protocols.
- Protocol review, trial preparations, planting, field plot maintenance to include spraying and fertility applications, data collection and harvesting research trails.
- Interact with farm managers and farmers on and off-site for project related needs.
- Participate in task-related document creation and process review for job-related activities.
- Ensure that company assets are well-cared for and properly maintained.
- Ensure timely planting and harvest to support quality data collection necessary for project reports and statistical analysis.
- Accountable for safe transportation of research equipment to and from testing sites.
- MS in Agronomy, Weed Science, Plant Science or an Agricultural related area of study with at least 3 years of field research experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills including excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary research team.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Experience with large or small plot field research.
- Knowledge of crop production, farming practices, farm equipment operation and repair.
- Ability to travel overnight seasonally approximately 15 nights per year.
- Experience with ARM software for managing research trials.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess Iowa commercial applicator license (categories 1A, 1B, 1C and 10) or ability to obtain.
Contact Brad – email@example.com for more details on this position.