We are working with a multi-location agronomy retailer that is currently looking for a good Seed person to focus on the east/central NE area. It’s a bit different than a typical sales agronomist position. This person will also sell Chemicals and fertilizer but the focus will be to grow their seed business and the territory will be larger than a typical Ag Retail sales role.
- Leads and initiates sales calls with targeted growers
- Meets or exceeds seed sales goals annually
- Has a passion for the seed industry and seed sales
- Ability to identify key growers in the territory that are not current seed accounts and execute sales calls on these growers
- Effectively negotiates and closes any product performance issues
- Ability to identify new sales opportunities with fertilizer & chemicals and direct those opportunities to the local crop specialist.
- Bachelors degree in Ag Business or Agronomy, or the equivalent thereof, and 5 years or more of ag sales related work experience to demonstrate knowledge of seed and crop protection sales
- High level of sales skills with strong customer service skills
- Ability to provide proper seed recommendations
- Ability to develop and present complete seed solutions for large multi-person farming operations
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to attain and/or maintain Certified Crop Advisor.
For more details, please contact Bryan – firstname.lastname@example.org.