We are currently searching for a qualified candidate that has experience in the seed sales business to cover a territory in South Central Minnesota. This person will sell and distribute seed in their respective territory. The DSM is responsible for seed sales goals based on volume and margin.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate Ag field degree; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- General knowledge of Agronomics including fertility, precision ag, seed, weeds, insect, plant diseases, and other pests
- General knowledge of farming operations (equipment, finance, grain marketing, risk management, crop insurance, etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Self motivated with the ability to reason well
- Excellent communication/listening skills and creative thinking
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite- Excel. Word, etc, and comfortable with working with computers.
- Managing customers and prospects, identifying growth opportunities, developing sales techniques to overcome objections from prospects, asking for the order and gaining commitment, and managing receivables
- Maintains communication with management by providing weekly sales reports and solutions to constraints
- Initiates, implements, and monitors seed test plots
- Develop budgets and sales goals for territory and implements sales programs to increase market share
- Provides customers with technical service and problem solving capabilities
For more information on this location or are interested in a similar opportunity in other territories, please contact Brad – email@example.com.