We are currently searching for a qualified candidate that has experience in the seed sales business to cover an exsisting territory in extreme South Eastern Iowa. This person will sell and distribute seed in their respective territory. The DSM is responsible for seed sales goals based on volume and margin.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate Ag field degree; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- General knowledge of Agronomics including fertility, precision ag, seed, weeds, insect, plant diseases, and other pests
- General knowledge of farming operations (equipment, finance, grain marketing, risk management, crop insurance, etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Self motivated with the ability to reason well
- Excellent communication/listening skills and creative thinking
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite- Excel. Word, etc, and comfortable with working with computers.
- Managing customers and prospects, identifying growth opportunities, developing sales techniques to overcome objections from prospects, asking for the order and gaining commitment, and managing receivables
- Maintains communication with management by providing weekly sales reports and solutions to constraints
- Initiates, implements, and monitors seed test plots
- Develop budgets and sales goals for territory and implements sales programs to increase market share
- Provides customers with technical service and problem solving capabilities
For more information on this location or are interested in a similar opportunity in other territories, please contact Brad – firstname.lastname@example.org.