We are working with a family owned company and a nationwide leader in the Used Truck Sales, Parts, Service, and Equipment Industry. They are looking for a motivated leader to fill the position of Service Department Manager in one of their NW Iowa locations. The primary responsibilities of this person is to direct, coordinate and oversee the daily operations of the mechanical and fabrication shop.
- Recruit and interview potential new employees, as well as document performance
issues and ensure that employees are adhering to company policy.
- Manage staffing levels and assigned work hours of shop personnel to meet our
customers’ needs and maximize profitability.
- Manage the process of work orders from start to finish. This includes obtaining
customer information, customer repair authorization, technician paperwork, and
ensuring we have all supporting documentation at the time of closing the work order.
- Communication with the customer, including; providing estimates, getting repair
authorization and method of payment, giving repair updates, and informing them of
completion and total invoice amount.
- Assure that technician training is kept current as well as identify areas that we need
additional training and work with the Department Manger to complete the training.
- Ensure that the parts are accurately recorded on work orders as well as the parts
received in a timely manner. This may require collaboration with parts department
- All end of month checklists and reports are to be completed by the first full week of
the following month.
- Maintain a safe and efficient environment for both employees as well as customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven leadership abilities
- Self-motivated and confident in decision making
- Experience in Operations Management and Supervisory skills
- Mechanical background and general knowledge of heavy equipment
For more details on this position, please contact – Bryan – email@example.com.