Our client is looking to add to their Senior Leadership Team by adding a Transportation Logistics Manager, reporting directly to the President of the cooperative.
This person will be in charge of 2 basic items:
1 – Arranging and managing relationships with outside trucking firms (they have their own internal fleet of trucks but it’s not large enough to handle all of their transportation needs).
2 – Managing the logistics of grain storage for the entire company.
Other responsibilities include:
- Look for all opportunities to maximize efficiency in the company’s transportation process
- Responsible for preparing budgets, as well as making sure that shipping documents are properly prepared
- Ensure that customer problems are handled in a timely manner and resolved
- Responsible for staying current with various regulations including those related to hazardous shipments, employee safety, and freight classifications
- Develop and maintain proper communications with management
- Three to five years of experience in transportation logistics
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
For more details on this position, please contact Bryan – email@example.com.